Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why Wall Street Should Stop Whining | Matt Taibbi | Rolling Stone

Why Wall Street Should Stop Whining Matt Taibbi Rolling Stone

When I read things like this I’m simultaneously amazed by two things. The
first is the unbelievable tone-deafness of people who would complain out loud,
during a time when millions of people around the country are literally losing
their homes, that their bonuses – not their total compensation, mind you, but
just their cash bonuses, paid in addition to their salaries and their
stock packages – are barely enough to cover the mortgage payments for
their new condos, the taxis they take when walking is too burdensome, and their
girlfriends with expensive tastes.


The second thing that amazes me is that Sherman is buying all this. I don’t
know this reporter at all, and I’m happy to concede that he probably hangs out
with more Wall Street people than I do. But I’m still in touch with plenty of
people in the business, and I have yet to have any investment bankers crying on
my shoulder about how the Dodd-Frank bill is forcing them into generic breakfast
cereals.Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/why-wall-street-should-stop-whining-20120208#ixzz1lqRgQeYF

No comments:

Post a Comment