Friday, December 9, 2011

You knew Wall Street Would Come After Elizabeth Warren. Unfortunately for Scott Brown She Hits Back


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


From Greg Sargent
Their strategy now is the kitchen sink strategy. Throw everything you can at her and let’s see what happens.
Let’s keep in mind what was going on just a little over three years ago. Karl Rove was part of the inner circle while George W. Bush is telling Congress and the nation, `we’ve gotta bail out the big financial institutions.’ His Secretary of the Treasury is handing out money to the largest financial institutions — no strings attached. I go down to Washington and I’m calling them out for it. I’m calling them out on executive bonuses. I’m calling them out on the fact taht tehy’re giving this money, no strings attached. And I get attacked for it. Okay.
Then we roll forward three years. Now Karl Rove takes money from Wall Street, in order to attack Elizabeth Warren for being cozy with Wall Street?
This one goes beyond anything I’ve ever imagined. I’m just amazed. It leaves you speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment