Monday, January 2, 2012

Ellen Barkin blasts Bloomberg as 68 get arrested on New Year's Eve



One person was accused of assaulting a police officer, who had cuts on his hands, but as ever, it went both ways. At 13th and 6th near Union Square, where police were arresting protesters, actress Ellen Barkin, who was walking to her apartment, was also targeted by cops, and tweeted in outrage:

Just threatened on my street by NYPD,cop shoved me,both hands,onto sidewalk..Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?WTF is going on here?[...]

Just before Barkin said she was shoved, she began chronicling the police scuffles, writing, "Walking home...13th & 6th, police making random arrests of non protesters.Young girl in police van screaming"I'm just trying 2 get home" and then "People being thrown in police vans, arrested for "jaywalking"What happened to the NYPD of my youth?Who are u all?Shame shame on u all."

Later on, Barkin slammed New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, writing, "Fuck all of u,Bloomberg & every1 goose-stepping behind u.I cannot believe what I am seeing.U protect nothing.U ARE the violence in my city."
full story here: http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/757320/occupy_new_year%27s_eve%3A_68_arrested_in_zuccotti_park%2C_director_sam_levinson_captures_arrest_video_near_union_square/#paragraph2

No comments:

Post a Comment