Wednesday, September 28, 2011

According to Talking Points Romney doesn't have a political career. And he's right at least not one he wins very much.

Non-political Mitt refusing to do what "politicians" have done at parades for years

He was asked why he didn’t have a drug policy on his website. He was urged to create a better system for airline security, if he’s elected. And several times today, he was asked about the New York Times opinion piece by billionaire Warren Buffett calling for increased taxes on the wealthy as a way to cut the deficit.
“I disagree with Warren. And I do want to keep the Bush tax cuts in place,” Romney said. “If he’d like to pay more, I’d like him to write a big check. A few billion from Warren would help out, so send it in Warren, and get your friends to do the same, that’d be terrific…I say that kind of tongue in cheek.”
Romney continued to focus on President Obama throughout the day, never mentioning any of his Republican rivals unless prompted. But he subtly appears to be testing out new lines that make the case that his experience in the private sector trumps any experience in government.
“This for me is not about the next step in my political career,” Romney said tonight. “I don’t have a political career. I spent 25 years in business.”
“I don’t care whether I’m popular,” he added. “I don’t care if I get reelected.”

From This Story:  http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/08/romney-calls-for-common-ground-hails-tea-party/LOY75w5ClWiDMV2beB5kfO/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment