Wednesday, July 27, 2011
What happens when I turn to Time Warner and CNN for my news
Michael Moore famously said that “the US should be required to know where a country is before they bomb it.” The question is how is the American supposed to learn about it when the media places no value on news, but values the trivial over the substantial.
Where England’s BBC, “government television”, might focus an in-depth five or ten minute block on some obscure African country. We don’t worry about such things in the US. We don’t know anything and our press works hard not to trouble us with more facts than we need to know. One look at the CNN overseas shows that the network turns out one programming for Europeans whose intellect they respect and then it presents a localized watered down stupider version for the Americans.
This is just a random sampling of the television line-up for HLN, presented by CNN the most trusted name in news.
1. A polygamist who had been locked up for marrying a nine year old bride. And the struggles his former wives have with leaving the cult.
2. The Norwegian massacre. I‘m still puzzled how a real news story made it way on this channel.
3. Jesse James, whoever he is the gunfighter or Sandra Bullock‘s ex, is not getting married.
4. Octomum is surviving without a nanny taking care of all 14 kids herself.
5. Arnold and Maria’s son is injured on a boogie board. Recaps of who’s tweeting who and where. And who is serving whom papers. Arnold looks petty big mistake going into the divorce settlement.
I shut off the television.
6. Half an hour later Casey Anthony. Narcissistic syndrome. Is she unemployable? The newscaster talk about not understanding why anyone’s interested in Casey Anthony as they talk endlessly about her.
Come election time CNN will gladly help inform you on who to vote, as they done such a fine job giving you the news that matters to this point. They’ve been busy reporting the horse race from the first day of the Obama administration. Not only that but they got Nancy Grace too.